Our global investment themes help us in our aim to:
- deliver strong risk adjusted returns, to meet our clients' investment objectives
- achieve long-term perspective, by screening out short-term market "noise"
- identify areas of opportunity and risk across global financial markets
- build transparent, enduring relationships with our clients
Talent and experience: our highly skilled investment managers are supported by strong teams.
Research: at Newton, analysis is a career path, not a stepping stone. Many of our experienced analysts have worked in the sectors for which they are responsible.
Collaboration: our global analysts and investment managers are concentrated in one location, London. This promotes strong idea generation and swift implementation into portfolios.
Newton Investment Management historical timeline
- Newton forms in joint venture with Reed Stenhouse
- Company reorganised and named Newton Investment Management following acquisition by Alexander & Alexander
- Newton's management buys out A&A stake
- Newton acquires Capital House group of companies from RBS. RBS purchases 33% interest in Newton
- Newton & Mellon complete agreement for Mellon to acquire 75% majority interest in Newton
- £20 billion AUM barrier broken
- Mellon exercises option to acquire most of the remaining shares
- Helena Morrissey becomes CEO of Newton
- Mellon acquisition complete
- £30 billion AUM barrier broken
- Mellon merges with Bank of New York to form BNY Mellon
- Newton celebrates its 30 year anniversary
- £40 billion AUM barrier broken
*'Newton' refers to the Newton group of companies, comprising Newton Investment Management Limited (NIM), Newton Capital Management Limited (NCM), Newton International Investment Management Limited and Newton Fund Managers (CI) Limited
'Newton' refers to the following group of affiliated companies: Newton Investment Management Limited, Newton Capital Management Limited, Newton Capital Management LLC, Newton International Investment Management Limited and Newton Fund Managers (C.I.) Limited. Except for Newton Capital Management LLC and Newton Capital Management Limited, none of the other Newton companies offer services in the U.S. NCM LLC does not provide investment advice, all of which is conducted by NCM Ltd.