We are a London-based, global investment management subsidiary of BNY Mellon. We provide investment products and services to a broad range of clients.
Assets under management*: C$88.1bn (as at December 31, 2016)
Head office: London
North American office: New York
Clients: institutional investors, endowments and foundations, corporations and, via BNY Mellon, individuals. Please note that not all strategies are available in all jurisdictions.
We think globally, using themes which:
- represent our views of the key forces of observable change
- provide long-term orientation
- provide a stimulus for debate and a focus for research
We conduct proprietary global research:
- via career global sector analysts
- with credit, asset class, regional, and strategic complements
- integrating responsible investment methodologies
We construct single portfolios:
- research recommended lists act as menus
- model portfolios provide leadership
- portfolio managers have discretion and accountability
Investment engine deliberately based in London, which we believe:
- affords perspective: dispassionate global judgement
- encourages communication culture and robust real-time debate
- promotes efficient idea generation and implementation
* ‘Newton’ and/or the “Newton Investment Management” brand refers to the following group of affiliated companies: Newton Investment Management Limited, Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited (NIMNA Ltd) and Newton Investment Management (North America) LLC (NIMNA LLC). NIMNA LLC personnel are supervised persons of NIMNA Ltd and NIMNA LLC does not provide investment advice, all of which is conducted by NIMNA Ltd. NIMNA LLC and NIMNA Ltd are the only Newton companies to offer services in the U.S. In the UK, NIMNA Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the conduct of investment business and is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. Registered in England no. 2675952. NIMNA Ltd is registered as an investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. NIMNA Ltd investment business described in Form ADV, Part 1 and 2, which can be obtained from the SEC.gov website or obtained upon request. In addition, AUM for Newton may include assets managed by Newton’s officers as dual officers or employees of The Bank of New York Mellon and assets of wrap fee account(s) for which Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited provides discretionary advisory services, albeit shared, in its current wrap arrangements.